10 tips for filming your Coldplay music videos
Our video editor Paul has shared 10 top tips to help you make your Coldplay In My Place video submissions shine:
- Keep it simple. A simple idea filmed in an interesting place or an interesting way can be brilliant.
- Send us everything you’ve got – include lots of different shots so we can choose the best ones to illustrate your idea.
- Give us a sense of where you are in the world. If you go to an interesting location to film, show it to us!
- Why not show us your preparations? Film yourselves setting up and getting ready. And if you have a comedy moment, share it with us.
- Sing along! We know you know the words. If you don’t want to share your beautiful voice, give us your best attempt at miming.
- Please don’t add the #stoplandgrabs hashtag over your video. Show it within the picture in an inventive way if you can, but it’s not vital.
- Try to give us lots of wide shots and/or close ups.
- Moving the camera around is fine – but please try to keep it still in each angle for a few seconds before moving on.
- If you compress/export your video before you send it to us, please keep the original file. If we use your video we might ask you for it.
- Have fun!