#GROWWeek 2012, See what’s hapening near you.
It’s 15th October, do you know what that is? It’s the Monday that kicks off GROW week.
At the centre of all our lives is food. We cook it, share it with friends and family and enjoy it is differently all over the world, and to each and every one of us it is equally powerful. Hence #GROWWeek, a week of celebration and inspiration, bringing together of farmers, bloggers, consumers, cooks and campaigners on everything food related and showcasing how globally can create change in food injustices.
Every day on the widget below Oxfam will give you a roundup of what’s happening where, with twice daily blogs, photos and loads of ways to get involved and take action.
Here’s a flavour of what will be happening this week:
- Hunger Banquets in Milan and Rome, Italy
- A week of action on sustainable consumption in Indonesia
- In Latin America, the South American Football Confederation will celebrate World Food Day with Oxfam and partners
- Launch of the GROW Method in Brazil
- Land grab stunts in Canada and Spain
- World Food Day dinners across America
- Restaurant and DIY meals to raise awareness about food
AND we’ll have a guest blogger who will share her diary of living the GROW method for a week. Sharing her favourite moments, daily quotes and tips on doing it yourself.
So keep an eye out below to see how people are joining to together to celebrate food near you and calling food change to ensure everyone has access to food, always!